Search

This is a fashion blog dedicated to the critical review of the top fashion collections and shows around the fashion industry and my personal style and development as a young adult interested in fashion.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Jil Sander Inspired Beanie Hat


     In her Spring 2012 collection, Jil Sander presented a hat that fused today’s modern beanie with French veil netting. It was instantly popular among bloggers like BryanBoy and fashion journalists like Anna Dello Russo. Although this hat was released almost three years ago, I still believe that it is a fashion forward piece that can’t really be considered “last season”. In fact, I never liked the term “last season”, because fashion is meant to be WORN. And if you going to spend $440.00 for a beanie, then you should have the obligation to wear it as much and for as long as you like. This is of course one of my personal opinions.




  However, I, being on a high school student’s salary, could not afford a $440.00 Jil Sander hat. So what did I do? I got creative (searched “DIY Jil Sander Hat” Google). I found one specific DIY Tutorial that I used, and I personally can’t tell the difference. So see for yourself below, the Jil Sander vs. my own homemade one.


Jil Sander Veiled Beanie: $440.00


My Own Veiled Beanie: $3.50 (for the materials)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Brock Anthony Lee

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig