Search

This is a fashion blog dedicated to the critical review of the top fashion collections and shows around the fashion industry and my personal style and development as a young adult interested in fashion.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

What I Wore

I am obsessed with the mixture of modernity and history. Juxtaposition is perhaps an overused word in the fashion industry, however that is exactly how I feel about my outfit selection today. My sinister style is exemplified with crystal snake earrings and blood red lipstick. I love looking at fashion history as inspiration, as you can see when I pair a vintage-inspired pillbox hat with chunky Dr Martens boots and a leather jacket in this outfit. The hat in particular is made by Scala Classico, a company who's been hand-designing hats since 1921. While I was looking for a nice space to take pictures of this outfit today, a dear friend of mine showed me this "graffiti room" space in her dorm building. This is a space where any resident or guest can go in and paint, write, and sketch whatever they want to on the walls, floor, tables, and fixtures. It is an extremely open and calming room, showcasing the creative processes for many students and allows these students to do what they want without restrictions. Messages of hope, sex, and distain were scrawled in along with massive splashes of paint and intricate murals. Among these beautiful viewpoints and works I sat, smiled, and even added a few Sharpied comments myself while discussing and meeting with others working in the welcoming space.










No comments:

Post a Comment

© Brock Anthony Lee

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig